Zinc Phosphate Cement
ZINC PHOSPHATE CEMENT
- Contributed By: Dr. Himani
Zinc phospate is the oldest of luting cements and thus serves as a standard with which newer cements can be compared.
- TYPE 1: Fine grained for luting (film thickness 25μm or less)
- TYPE 2: Medium grain for luting and filling.( film thickness not more than 40 μm)
MODE OF SUPPLY:-
- Powder and liquid system
- Capsules of pre- proportional powder and liquid
- Luting of restorations( inlays, crowns, fixed dental prosthesis, etc)
- High strength bases
- Temporary restorations
- Luting of orthodontic bands and brackets
When powder mixed with liquid:
|1. PHOSPHARIC ACID + ZINC OXIDE = ACID ZINC PHOSPHATE|
|2. ACID ZINC PHOSPHATE + ALUMINIUM PHOSPHATE|
|ZINC ALUMINOPHOSPHATE GEL.|
SETTING TIME:- 2.5 to 8 mins
MECHANICAL AND BIOLOGICAL PROPERTIES:-
- Long track record with proven reliability
- Good compressive strength
- Pulp irritation.
- No chemical adhesion.
- No anticariogenic property
- Poor esthetics
- PHILLIPS’ Science of dental materials- Anusavice, Shen, Rawls, 12th edition, pg no – 316,317.
- Basic dental materials- John J. Manappallil , 3rd edition , pg no- 49 to 53.
- Dental materials – Vk Subbarao, 5th edition , pg no- 227 to 230.