Your Ad Here
Emerging Technologies in Composites
EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES IN COMPOSITES
- Fluoride containing composites.
- MDPB (Methacryloxy dodecyl pyridinium bromide antimicrobial monomers.
- MMP (matrix metalloproteinase) inhibiting components incorporated in the composite.
- Nanopartjcals of hydroxy apatite for anticaries repair effect of composite restorations.
- Remineralizing bonding agents like inclusion of
- MTA in bonding agents.
3. Bone grafting materials:
- New bioactive glasses that contain more boron and silica for ontogenesis.
- Extraction socket grafting materials.
- Implants with nanotechnology coatings.
4. Stimulus responsive “Smart” materials:
- New Zirconia ceramics that prevent propagation of cracks.
- Composites that change color when irradiated.
- Smart GIC.
- Varnish that release xylitol for anticaries effect.
- Resins capable of releasing Chlorhexidine.
5. Self-assembling materials:
- Materials that automatically construct pre-specified assemblies for tooth regeneration based on molecular biology.
6. Self healing materials:
- An automatically initiated response to damage or failure.
- The self heating system developed for epoxy composite. If a crack occurs in epoxy composite, some microcapsules rupture near the crack and release dicyclopentadiene which subsequently fills and repairs the cracks.
7. Bioactive materials:
- MTA type cements.
- TiO2 nanoparticals containing dental resins and implants.
Your Ad Here